Re: [Hampshire] What is granola?

Author: Mat Grove
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What is granola?

>> Yes, I played with it too, and although I can't really comment on the
>> effectiveness of the software, the team behind it seemed pretty good - well,
>> Mat did anyway! :)
>
> How does it compare to the acpi-cpufreq driver with ondemand and cpuidle
> (which I believe are the LessWatts.org recommendations for Intel
> processors)?

Non technical FAQ:
http://grano.la/help/wiki/doku.php?id=faq#how_is_granola_better_than_my_current_power-saving_software_e.g._rmclock_windows_power_manager_ondemand_etc

The difference in the approach is Granola is prediction based and has a
performance guarantee. Ondemand is threshold based and does not have the guarantee.

The performance guarantee is essential for many commercial outfits.

If you have technical questions you can install Granola and then email
support@???

Mat

Mat