Re: [Hampshire] FW: Secure Archives

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] FW: Secure Archives
Thanks all for your replies. Can I sum up my understanding?

The data is on the NAS and (as it's a dedicated NAS in a sealed unit - a
Bufallo Linkstation to be precise) - my only option to get the data is to
access via ethernet. So I either write the compressed file to the NAS
using a networked PC or write the compressed file somewhere else using a
networked PC? As far as I can tell - neither of these are particularly
effective solutions but they're both better than just copying the
uncompressed data over. Is that all correct or have I missed anything?

Cheers
Rob