[Hampshire] granulepos errors ripping to ogg using abcde

Author: Kevin Safford
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] granulepos errors ripping to ogg using abcde
Hi

I recently finished ripping my CD collection. Some of the files don't
play; VLC and other players can run them, but there's no sound. Running
oggz-validate shows errors like this:

    granulepos 0 on page with no completed packets

(I didn't know about oggz-validate when I was ripping, otherwise I'd
have checked as I went.)

I can't see a pattern: with some CDs it's the whole CD, with others,
just some tracks.

I pretty much ran with the default abcde options. I upped the quality at
one point, but dropped it back again.

Before I replace the bad files, does anyone have any advice on what to
do or avoid? I've tried googling the error, but haven't found anything
useful.

Thanks.
--
Kevin Safford