Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad
On 27 July 2010 13:07, Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren@???> wrote:
> Also google are now reading/archiving/analysing your email - expect very
> highly targetted span real soon now.

I have been using Google's email system for some time now. At least I
know they are analysing my email. Spam is not a problem. So what if
the adverts in the web interface are targeted? At least they are
unobtrusive.

Anybody who is worried about what others may make of their email
should find another way of communicating. Once you press send, there
is little control over what machines it will pass through. I always
considered email to be as private as a postcard.

--
Philip Stubbs