Re: [Hampshire] Hants LUG meet - 11th Sept - Hursley

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hants LUG meet - 11th Sept - Hursley
On Saturday 04 September 2010 15:51:12 Victor Churchill wrote:
> OK, can you put me down to attend and I will aim to get a medium-

size talk
> together. Provisional title 'Beginning Cloud Computing with Amazon

Web
> Services'.
>
> Having said that, what presentation software do people favour? I'm

not over
> fond of Open Office (nothing actually wrong with it, just a bit
> predictable). I have seen various 'things'

(packages/programs/tools) but am
> undecided what to use. Something that generates HTML so you can

run the
> presentation in a browser appeals.

I will also offer a talk. Unfortunately a re-run of one I gave at a
SurreyLUG meet, though I hope you'll find it interesting:

OpenPilot - Using The Technology - RC Vehicle Battery Monitor

This includes some hardware and a live demo. It's about 30-45
minutes, depending on how much the audience participate in the
demo.

Cheers,

Tim B.