Re: [Hampshire] 3G Dongle MicroSD slot

Author: Mark Johnson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 3G Dongle MicroSD slot
On Saturday 04 Sep 2010 10:53:25 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> On 04/09/10 10:30, Mark Johnson wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> > I've got a HUWAEI E160 3G dongle, which has a MicroSD slot on the side.
> > Has anyone had any luck it getting the MicroSD recognised under Ubuntu?
> > When I plug it in nothing happens, apart from the lights on the dongle
> > flashing indicating a signal.
> > I'm running Kubuntu Lucid.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> What do you get if you run the command dmesg after you have plugged in
> the card?

Thanks for the hint, Sean! dmesg showed the reader being detected as /dev/sdc,
and inserting a card then mounting /dev/sdc1 gives me access to the card. It
must just be KDE that's not autodetecting it.

In case anyone's interested, you can also mount /dev/sr1 to gain access to the
storage containing the dongle's drivers and setup tools.

Cheers
Mark