Re: [Hampshire] [OT][Hardware] Power Supplies

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT][Hardware] Power Supplies

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x580d6100.hantslug.org.uk.424': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Sep 7 15:54:04 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 03:21:28PM +0100, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> I have reason to doubt the 100W power supply in my mini-itx case is
> fully functional (lights come on and fans spin but the machine does not
> boot), and have no means of testing it with a similar PSU.
>
> I do however have an Antec 430W ATX PSU - is there any reason why I
> should not use this in conjunction with the mini-itx case/motherboard
> for testing purposes?

I can think of no reasons why not, for testing purposes.

For "production" use, though, the Antec would clearly be running at
hugely under its rated value, and will therefore probably be extremely
inefficient.

Hugo.

               --- Quantum est ille canis in fenestra? ---