Re: [Hampshire] [OT][Hardware] Power Supplies

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT][Hardware] Power Supplies

>    I've found that a short touch of a knife-blade across the terminals
> on the motherboard that the power switch is wired to normally does the
> trick. :)

I have a terminal screwdriver on my bench for exactly the same reason.

It doesn't help when you're trying to use the 12V connectors only, though
- the ATX connector needs to be plugged in...

the switch-on protocol to the PSU seems to be a little uncertain, too - I
have one PSU here that turns on with a quick grounding of the line, and
another one that requires it held to ground for the supply to stay on.
That made for some interesting misunderstanding when I was debugging my
Optiplex SX280 power cable :-)

Vic.