[Hampshire] [ADMIN] AGM

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] AGM

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57075100.hantslug.org.uk.22601': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Oct 2 15:35:07 2010 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

For those who missed the AGM here is a summary report.

Tony Whitmore acted as retuning officer:

Chairman: Adam Trickett
    nominated: Andy Ransom
    seconded: Ian Brazier

Treasurer: Ian Brazier
    nominated: Adam Trickett
    seconded: Andy Ransom

Hostmaster: Adrian Bridgett
    nominated: Mark Johnson
    seconded: Clive Woodfine

General Officer: Andy Ransom
    nominated: Victor Churchill
    seconded: John Eyres

General Officer: Victor Churchill
    nominated: Adam Trickett
    seconded: Mark Johnson

As there was only one nomination per position all candidates were
automatically elected, there were no abstentions or objections.

Treasurer's report: we have £964.26 in the bank. It sounds like a lot but if
we need to rent a room for a meeting we can expect to pay £100 per day, so we
currently do not have enough money for one years worth of meetings if we did
not have free access to rooms that we currently enjoy. Meetings are free, but
please donate if you can.

Chairman's report: I'd like to thank everyone in the LUG who makes the LUG
what it is. That includes the people who help us arrange meeting space, donate
their time to help the LUG run, attend meetings and help others. If anyone has
any urges to do wiki editing then please start now, and if anyone would like
to review a book then please contact me and we shall see what there is the
cupboard to review.

Your next meeting may be a joint Surrey-LUG meeting at RedHat in Farnborough
in November.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A people that values its privileges above
its principles soon loses both.
    -- Dwight D. Eisenhower