Re: [Hampshire] Cron script problem

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cron script problem

> So my first question is, where should these 5 scripts reside (they
> currently live in a folder called backup in the root of the file sytem)

Wherever you like. Just make sure you tell cron the full pathname to the
script = "./day1" is unlikely to work, because that means "the day1 script
in the current directory", and your current directory might not be what
you want it to be...

> How do I get cron to run them and where do I find any logs files that may
> point to what is going wrong?

Check root's email. cron can mail anyone you tell it to, but if you
haven't specified someone (and I doubt that you have), root tends to get
the reports.

Vic.