Re: [Hampshire] [Way OT] PVR recommendations

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Way OT] PVR recommendations
On 06/10/2010 19:17, Rob Malpass wrote:
> So basically this is the best of both worlds - if I know a programme
> (especially radio) is coming on - I can set the PVR to get it. Or if
> I've missed something good (I'm a big Radio 4 fan but not in during
> the day) - I can get it via iplayer.

Radio programmes are added to iplayer fairly soon after transmission, so
I rarely need to listen to radio 4 live, and have never actually heard
radio 7 live, but grab lots of stuff from both to listen to when I can.
get_iplayer works fine for me on an MPC-L [1], beloved hardware of the
_Ubuntu Podcast [2] _listeners, but I do then put it on an mp3 player
(Archos 1 Vision [3], so I can watch the TV programmes I get, too),
rather than through an audio system. My MPC-L is running Ubuntu (Server
10.04.1), so the request is not as OT as it could be!

Simon

[1]
http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/Product_Range/Product_file.aspx?eCode=XUBUMPCL&Type_Info=Description&Type=Desktops
[2] http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/