Re: [Hampshire] OpenOffice & MS fonts...

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenOffice & MS fonts...

>> On Office, they open the file and press the "print" button. In OOo, this
>> isn't currently working :-(
>
> :-( Perhaps upgrade OOo? Reinstall OOo? The print button *ought* to
> work.

The print button causes the printer to go into action - but it prints the
file incorrectly. The font comes out a little too wide, so the page spills
off the right-hand side and goes onto two pages. That's no use to
anyone...

> Now that is an unbreakable lock.

I hope not. If I can get the font rendering at the same width as it does
in MS-Office, these guys can switch to OOo. And that ought to be possible
- I am using the MS-supplied font file, after all. Or at least, I think I
am.

Vic.