Re: [Hampshire] OpenOffice & MS fonts...

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenOffice & MS fonts...
Hi Vic,

I really wonder if this is a compatibility issue with the printer
rather than the font. If the metrics for the font are slightly off in
the printer and Word is using the printer metrics but OOo is using the
font file's metrics that could account for the problem. To see if
that's it you can try toggling the 'use printer metrics for document
formatting' setting in Tools / Options / Writer / Compatibility and
see what happens.

HTH, Peter