Re: [Hampshire] Notebook remix Linux distro

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Notebook remix Linux distro
Lo,

At 19:02 06/11/2010, you wrote:
>On 06/11/10 17:20, trotter wrote:
> > Lo,
> >
> > At 17:13 06/11/2010, you wrote:
> >> I'm currently running openSUSE 11.2 on an Acer Aspire One D150-Bw
> >> 10.1-inch
> >> Netbook, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD and it's fine, everything works & I don't
> >> find it
> >> slow. I'll be putting 11.3 on there soon. Guess it'll depend on the
> >> spec of
> >> the machine you're putting it on.
> >
> > What sort of processor does it have?
> >
> > I have a 1ghz single core processor and 512meg of ram.
>
>Sounds like ideal Puppy/Pupeee material to me. I'd suggest downloading
>it, putting it on a USB stick and giving it a go. It's tiny by
>comparison to fully fledged distros (~120MB) and is designed for
>machines with slower processors and less RAM.

I am more familiar with rpm and would rather stick with it but puppy
is starting to look like a Hobsons choice option if I want something thats
reasonably responsive

>What sort of machine are we discussing here?

Old Thinkpad, so its not a netbook and doesn't have a crippled CPU.

Martin N

Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups