Re: [Hampshire] Something to Download and Enjoy

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Something to Download and Enjoy
On 11/11/10 02:04, Vic wrote:
>> It is offensive
>> > and wrong to use the term in a FLOSS community.
> Absolutely not. It is the correct term, since it describes the OS created
> by joining the GNU userland to the Linux kernel.

And hardly offensive at that, unless you are especially sensitive about
these things I suppose.

You say tom-a-to, I say tom-ah-to, but most everyone knows we are
talking about a fruit frequently served in salads, and as such surely
there is room for both in the common parlance?

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk