Re: [Hampshire] Gnome Panel / TaskBar / IconBar removed by a…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome Panel / TaskBar / IconBar removed by accident
On 20/11/10 16:58, Rob Malpass wrote:

> You can right-click on that new panel and 'Add to panel' to add in
> various applets, including the 'Show desktop' applet, etc.
>
> Thanks Sean but is there a way, for instance, to get my minimised
> applications to attach themselves to this panel when I minimise
> them? Point well made about attaching whatever I want (effectively
> making this panel the equivalent of the Quick launch toolbar in
> Windows) but what I really want is what I'm used to. I'm loathe to
> reinstall gnome or something just to sort it.

Ah, sorry Rob, I sort of assumed that they would drop down on to the new
panel.

The panel that lives at the bottom of my desktop essentially looks like
a new panel that has a workspace switcher, a rubbish bin and a show
desktop device. I take it if you create something similar the apps don't
drop down onto this when you minimise them?

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk