Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Saturday Meeting

Author: Ashwin
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Saturday Meeting
On 02/12/2010 14:38, Adam John Trickett wrote:
>>> I'd like to thank other who offered this time and possibly in the future
>>> - we may need your help in the new year!
>> That's great -- or at least it would be in any other weather conditions.
>>
>> I don't fancy driving down to Southampton unless road conditions improve
>> considerably.
>>
>> So how about making use of all this technology and having a virtual
>> meeting instead -- we could all spend the day playing with IRC and
>> webcams and such.
> IRC is popular with some people, and has gone on a lot at previous meetings.
> However it's not something I've ever had the patience to get into...
>
>> Is that a good idea, or am I just being a wimp?
> No it's a good idea.

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that IRC may turn out to be the only option
on Saturday :(

The university is closed for the rest of today (we were forced out of
office) and there is a possibility of it remaining closed tomorrow as
well. This makes me extremely unsure of what the situation will be on
Saturday, but I should have some idea by tomorrow and will post an update.

So being prepared for a virtual meeting is a good idea...

Ashwin