Re: [Hampshire] Anyone know much about IPv6 tunnels?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Anyone know much about IPv6 tunnels?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57834100.hantslug.org.uk.26712': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Dec 18 22:55:54 2010 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Vic,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 08:10:02PM -0000, Vic wrote:
> > You can run "aiccu test" and it might show you where the problem is.
>
> Not when you know as little about IPv6 as I do, you can't :-)

Just run it. It's pretty verbose. Running it is part of the
troubleshooting steps when reporting a problem to sixxs anyway.

> > Can you ping it?
>
> I can't ping the PoP - but the unreachable message when I ping Google
> seems to come from the PoP. At this point, I have to recognise the limit
> of my knowledge in this area...

ping6 should definitely work.

Have you firewalled it? Don't forget that the tunnel comes through
IPv4 so you'll need to allow it through your IPv4 firewall.

Cheers,
Andy

> The optimum programming team size is 1.

Has Jurassic Park taught us nothing?