Re: [Hampshire] Mac book repairer

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mac book repairer
Hi,

How old is it? My first guess would be a failed hard drive. Replacing them isn't easy (Apple make the machines very hard to open) and there will probably be some minor cosmetic damage if you open the case yourself.

If it is the hard drive then the restore disc that came with the machine will reinstall but obviously that's a bit difficult since your optical drive is sick too. If you're lucky it may just be a cabling problem. What is the symptom with the optical drive?

Cheers,
Paul.