Re: [Hampshire] ssh permission denied?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ssh permission denied?
>> The unattended-upgrades package is useful here so things like this are
>> applied automatically (see "aptitude show unattended-upgrades").
>
> Unattended upgrades on servers you care about? Doesn't seem wise to
> me. But better than no upgrades, I grant you.
>
> apti-cron or similar for notifying you of available updates.

Hi Andy,

I've been using unattended-upgrades since June 2010 and it has worked
great. The only black mark was a couple of weeks back when it
auto-upgraded MySQL but mysqld did not come back up :-( A shame as I
could have then given it a flawless record. One can blacklist packages
to counter this. It also will not upgrade packages that require user
input to answer a confirmation prompt. My original thinking of
installing it was because I had about a dozen servers to look after
and wanted to automate as much as possible. I also wanted to avoid a
situation where vuln is exposed and used in the wild before I had a
chance to patch.

Cheers,
Imran

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65  F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.” - Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi
(1869-1948)