Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] March Meeting

Author: ian
To: chairman, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] March Meeting
On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:25:16 +0000, Hants LUG Chairman
<adam.trickett@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On paper the next meeting should take place on Saturday 5 March,
> however I
> have not been able to arrange free access to the University for that
> date. I
> am still exchanging emails with a contact provide by Hugo but it does
> not look
> like we will be able to use the University on that Saturday.
>
> We have three basic options:
>
> 1) Find another free venue, which we have tried before with little
> success.
>
> 2) Pay the University to use the room rather, which is I gather more
> than £200
> for the day, so we can't do that for long unless everyone contributes
> at every
> meeting.
>
> 3) Share with Surrey at the Sirius Corporation in Addlestone, Surrey
> on
> Saturday 12th March.
>
> Please discuss. If there is anyone on this list who can arrange free
> space
> with Internet access at Southampton or Winchester Universities that
> would be
> more than useful...

I think we should decide on visiting Surrey Lug if they will allow us.
My reasoning is we need to let the Hants luggers know where and when the
meeting will be, to get a good attendance. If we leave it to the last
minute then only a few luggers will appear.

Your comments please.
Ian