Re: [Hampshire] Crossover

Author: Mark Johnson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Crossover
On Wednesday 02 Mar 2011 12:58:12 Tony Wood wrote:
> Hello Mike
>
> Most interested in your multi-personality computer as I, a newcomer to
> Linux of only a few weeks, am still having difficulty with editing
> web-size movies with all the Linux video-editing programs I've tried.
> (It's the only facility I seem to have lost!)
> I used to use Windows Movie Maker regularly with great success, but have
> now abandoned Windoze XP Pro completely.
> Would your amazing system allow me to use Movie Maker on my Ubuntu 10.10
> machine, do you think?
> How might I set that up?

Looks like that's probably a no :-( [1]

Just to add to the CrossOver love, after being a paying customer for about 2
years I've recently become an advocate, which give you access to all the
stable and testing versions in return for contributions to the compatibility
database. At the moment I'm primarily using to to play games from GOG.com[2],
many of which work seamlessly.

The number of "community supported" applications has also taken a leap in the
most recent version as the software installer now downloads a list of
installer scripts provided by the community to help get programs up and
running. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Mark

[1] http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search/?name=Windows+Movie+Maker
[2] http://gog.com