[Hampshire] Packaging with setup.py...

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Packaging with setup.py...

Hi All.

I'm trying to get the Python distutils to build some packages for my
project. I need RPMs and Windows installers.

The project consists of half a dozen .py files and a .glade. All the .py
files are in a directory with a __init__.py file (empty), and the .glade
file is also in there. And I included it in the MANIFEST.in file.

My setup.py is along the lines of :-

setup(name='GES',
      version='1.0',
      packages=['GES'],
      package_data={'GES': ['GES.glade']},
      url='http://solectronics.com/',
      )

The glade file is absent from all output. The INSTALLED_FILES claims to
have installed al the .py file to the right place, but rpmbuild whinges
that the files aren't packaged. All other incantations I've tried have
failed horribly (usually with the GES.glade file ending up in completely
the wrong plac).

Errr - help?

Vic.