Re: [Hampshire] Basic Linux Training

Author: Ally Biggs
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Basic Linux Training

Looks pretty good, I'm currently studying for the Linux+ exam in my own
time you can now optionally put yourself forward to also obtain the
LPCI-1 and the Novell Certified Linux Administrator Certifications, So 3
certs for the price of one is pretty damm good going. Thought I would
hammer through this before going down the Microsuck route.

Best material I have found for the Linux+ is the new train signal videos ( These are expensive to buy but ahem all I will say is bit torrent) they are really clear and concise and cover both exams required for the Linux+, Also another worthy investment is the new Sybex Linux+ Book by Roderick Smith. Picked mine up for about £20.

Got Debian, Centos and SUSE all runing virtually am and just labbing away breaking stuff best fun ive had in ages :)

Another subject are there any local meetings coming up?

Thanks

Ally