[Hampshire] Gallery software

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Gallery software
I was using Gallery2 on my original VPS running on lenny which I'd
installed from the sid repo.

Gallery2 hasn't even made it into testing, or rather it did but was
withdrawn for some reason so isn't likely to get into squeeze any time
soon.

It is still in sid and is in lenny-backports so am wondering which would
be the best version to install - or should I download the zipped
tarball for Gallery3 and install that.

I know some people on the list had also used Gallery2 but wonder what
their current thinking is and if anyone has switched to Gallery3.

I actually liked the ease of use of Gallery2 and am not sure I'd want
to switch to another app, like albumshaper for example

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid