Re: [Hampshire] Toshiba N200 Netbook + ALPS Glidepoint

Author: Neil Stainton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Toshiba N200 Netbook + ALPS Glidepoint
On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:27 +0100, "Sean Gibbins"
<sean@???> wrote:

> This is evidently a configuration issue, as having run up Ubuntu Netbook
> Edition it works out of the box.
>
> Looking at the Xorg log with 'grep 'AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint'
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log' I see the following:

I'm not an expert but I do have a netbook with an Alps touchpad which
just worked with X. Can you get a log from when Ubuntu starts it
satisfactorily to compare? One thought I had is that maybe it the
touchpad is not on a PS2 bus. IIRC Alps also make SMBus and USB
connected variants so perhaps your netbook might have one of those
fitted instead?

- Neil