Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:46:38 +0100
Mark Johnson <mark@???> wrote:

> On Monday 11 Apr 2011 22:27:18 john lewis wrote:
> > Has anyone played with it yet?
>
> I played with the Fedora-based live CD, I'd recommend you try that as
> a good way to see how well it works with your set up. There's some
> nice touches in there, but nothing to tempt me away from KDE :-)

I am currently downloading the openSuSE live CD so will be able to
have a look at it myself.

I don't think anything would tempt me to move to KDE :-) All the
'comments' I've seen about it being the closest thing to windows for
linux newbies are enough to suggest I won't like the interface.

I was a very long time user of WindowMaker but lack of development
has meant that it is now a very old fashioned interface and I'd be
reluctant to go back to wmaker and give up the 'bells & whistles' that
gnome provides.

Whilst the CD gets burnt I'm off to have breakfast!

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid