Re: [Hampshire] [OT} weird web behaviour

Author: Benjie Gillam
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT} weird web behaviour
What's the result for one of the faulty websites of

$ dig <domain name>

On the command line, when connected without DHCP? (Terminal.app under Mac, I think)

DHCP issues the IP adresses even if they are fixed IPs, unless you configure each computer manually (rather than configuring them via the router) and it's DHCP that tells them the DNS servers. If you're configuring all this manually on each machine then I think you may be a little mad ;)

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone, so please forgive spelling/brevity.

www.BenjieGillam.com
Founder: FitFu.com, GymFu.com

Brain Bakery Ltd. and GymFu Ltd have registered address: 7 Duck Island Lane BH24 3AA. Registered in England and Wales, Company Numbers: 5849251 and 7022440 respectively