Re: [Hampshire] Computer-Related Charitable Work

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Computer-Related Charitable Work
On 23/06/11 09:26, Peter Andrijeczko wrote:
> Does anyone on the list get involved with any charity work related to
> computers?
>
> I have a few hours a week I could spare, want to do something rewarding,
> and since computers are my skill, was looking at doing something where
> those skills are useful - for example, PC recycling for computers sent
> to Africa, or getting old people online and giving them some basic tuition.

You could consider www.it4communities.org.uk

I contacted them a couple of years ago, and nearly did some web design
for a charity, but the charity kept changing their mind and generally
dithering, so I gave up.

It seems like a good idea in principle though.

cheers

Chris

--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???