Re: [Hampshire] confused ssh newbie

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] confused ssh newbie
On 6/23/11 12:01 AM, Bob Dunlop wrote:
> Hi,

>> - use the shell script mentioned before i get this error:
>>
>> nodename nor servname provided, or not known
> The nature of the error has changed completely.
> What shell script ? I've not seen it mentioned before ?
> Is it not handling the ssh parameters correctly ?

yes.. sorry Bob :( I guess I got myself muddled. The latest error is
what I get after I change the port in ssh_config and the port forwarding
in the router. Using the

shh -p 2222 testermike@......

is the above the correct syntax for a non standard port?

The answer to your other question is no (i think:) the server did have
guard dog running but I thought it was disabled. I will check. That said
wouldn't it block the successful port 22 logins as well? The only other
"firewall" is the NAT functionality in the linksys router. Again that
lets port 22 through.

Thanks again
Mike