Re: [Hampshire] [OT] BT Broadband?!

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] BT Broadband?!
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 14 at 12:19, Chris Dennis wrote:
> * I need a new wifi router anyway, and I'll get a free one with BT.

You can buy a wifi-adsl router for under a tenner online.
I think the one BT "gives" you retails for about 25+VAT without the
broken firmware.

> What does the team think? Would moving to BT be a mistake?

I can't believe anyone would consider BT reliable. We're forced to use
BT wholesale monopoly for a connection the vast majority of our problems
are with BT's connection, our ISP has been 100%.

Our line has slowly degraded from 6.5Mbps to <4 over the years. When
we hit the action threshold for complaint/investigation someone in BT's
central office hits a button that investigates and regrades our line
with a lower threshold and they tick the box for repaired to customers
satisfaction.

--
        Bob Dunlop