[Hampshire] [OT] BT Broadband?!

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] BT Broadband?!
I've just moved to FTTC with Plus-Net. They are an independent part of
BT but their support etc is all UK based.

The OpenReach guy turned up right on time and after introducing himself
he went off to the Cabinet to set up that end.
After an hour he returned and replaced the BT Socket and checked the
phone. With all that working, he did a line test and got 39.9Mbits
steady from the exchange.
PlutNet had sent me a Netgear Wireless Router. We connected it up to the
modem, I changed the username/password and I was online.

Initially I was still running at 4Mbits. I logged a support call and
half an hour later my Download capacity and line speed went up.
Soon I was getting 24Mbits. After a week, I can download files at a
steady 4.2Mbytes/second. (Approx 35Mbits or so)

The line has been rock solid so far.

Am I pleased with the service? you bet. (grin)

Stephen D