Re: [Hampshire] distro boot order in grub 1

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] distro boot order in grub 1
On 07/08/11 10:00, Benjamin Ashton wrote:
> Can any of you kind knowledgeable people tell me how to change which
> is the default distro with Grub version 1? I've got Mint and Ubuntu,
> with Ubuntu as default, but I want it to be Mint.

IIRC it is something along the lines of changing the value of the
'default' entry in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file to correspond with the
OS of your choice.

Bear in mind that the count starts from 0 (so if the OS you want to boot
is the 2nd one down the list of options available, you change it to 1,
3rd one down, change it to 2, etc.).

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk