Re: [Hampshire] Zentyal Manuals for sale

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Zentyal Manuals for sale

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56ee1100.hantslug.org.uk.31945': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Aug 17 18:27:41 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key E5B6AC918A7E551C
Bumping this one with some qualifying information as I didn't have time
before:

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 21:25 +0100, Damian L Brasher wrote:
> Hi Group
>
> I am selling Zentyal manuals on EBay. I have nine of them and selling in
> auction sequentially, so if you are interested in a few weeks there is
> likely to be one for sale. May 2011 English edition - unused and in
> perfect condition.

I assisted with the translation proof of this release, so the English
was ironed out somewhat.

> I like the platform a great deal and think it may be better than Plesk in
> some ways. It will be interesting to see what happens with Zentyal over
> the coming years.

I use the command line almost exclusively for work and development and
Plesk requires Linux administrators to work around the proprietary hooks
and structural modifications into standard Linux. Zentyal is a much
kinder from that perspective and is open source. From a users point of
view there are obvious limitations over Plesk, but not that many.
(Please discuss).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160637844985

> Much easier if I send the manuals by post if you do buy, arranging a
> collection may not be as reliable. I'm now working with a hosting
> company full time and Interlinux products in my spare time.

Take pot luck:) I updated the rolling sale to include a collection
option.

> BTW - This is a tweet from Saturday:
>
> "# Submitted #Fedora F14,15 & 16 updates-testing, DIASER Wan vault for
> long term archiving use #yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install diaser
> — Sat, 08/06/2011 - 18:49 "

This update has been pushed to the stable update repository for f14 and
f15. It is available for all users to install via the standard update
mechanisms,

i.e. $yum -y install diaser

This is hoped to generate more widespread feedback and maybe inspire any
sort of development contributions.

The next IEF publication will be a quality DIASER manual (both printed
and digital). I still haven't figured out the best automatic delivery
mechanism for commercial pdf documents - but have had plenty of fun
researching this. I think the best delivery mechanism for low demand
electronic publications is by simple email request.

Cheers

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 8A7E551C