Re: [Hampshire] error competition

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] error competition

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x574e0100.hantslug.org.uk.17038': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Aug 22 11:14:34 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key E5B6AC918A7E551C
On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 10:21 +0100, Edward Beckmann wrote:
> Hi All

> As it's friday and I have just caused my longsuffering sysadmin to
> moan at my stupidity yet again , I thought I would offer a challenge
> for amusing typos or human errors. Examples could be:

No systems administrators should be long-suffering - that's why mistakes
are made:)

> who can do the most damage to a system with the fewest number of
> keystrokes?

The Boss when he attempts to test the UPS as you walk out of the office
to go home for the weekend.

> what duff error gives the most spectacular failure?

Kernel maintainers latest un-bootable kernel.

> what error can trigger the longest chain of disasters?

The one that ends up with a series of sales people being fired.

> I am sure you get the gist ....

If I didn't I'd be deca thousands of pounds better off.

> Bonus marks for anyone brave / foolhardy enough to say "I did ..." as
> opposed to "I knew someone who did ..."

I don't do bonuses, only sell them;)

Damian

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 8A7E551C