Re: [Hampshire] ls -l

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ls -l
On 24 August 2011 11:29, Rob Malpass <linux@???> wrote:

> Lovely - that's exactly what I need - many thanks. Incredible - I've been
> using Unix for nearly 20 years and I've never heard of that command.

You are not alone there Rob. I thought exactly the same after I first
encountered the watch command (except with me the number was a bit >20 ;-).
That and, subsequently, screen. One of the great (and sometimes surprising
and sometimes even annoying) things about this technology is it keeps on
coming up with new tool and ways to do stuff. I have old embedded-reflex
ways of doing certain things that are forever getting outdated I just wish I
found un-learning old habits a bit easier ;-)