Re: [Hampshire] Syncing Android with Linux

Author: e-mail phillip.chandler
To: jfk, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Syncing Android with Linux

> One *massive* bonus of Android was getting the replacement, and all my
> contacts and appointments (via google) were resynced with the greatest of
> ease.

Im more concerned about security on cloud computing. you have no idea who is
managing the computers with your information. You have no idea where they
are. What protections may or may not be in place to make sure your
information is not stolen or disclosed or that it does not accidentally
disappear.

Or what if the computer is in a country that doesn't recognize our data
protection laws, goes bankrupt and sells the servers to another country with
different data protection laws to us, and the country that sold the server ?

And do I really want to have all my personal stuff advertised on Facebook
for the world to see ? People are too eager to advertise "Im getting in the
bath, im getting out of the bath, im getting dried, im having a fart, im
walking out the door, im getting the bus, im half way to the pub, im walking
into the pub, wheres my drink ?"

Call me old fashioned, but Id rather keep all my personal stuff backed up on
a usb stick. And that the biggest threat to any anti-anything you can buy,
is the end user.

Just my pounds worth on a lovely bank holiday. Hope you all had a good one.

Phill