Re: [Hampshire] DDoS survival strategies

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DDoS survival strategies

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5782d100.hantslug.org.uk.15022': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Sep 6 13:35:23 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key E5B6AC918A7E551C
On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 19:26 +0100, Freaky Clown wrote:

> fact I was present only the other day during a conference where such a
> new tool was demonstrated to effectively take down a powerful
> webserver with a single IP with a 3g dongle, thankfully as yet this
> tool remains in teh hands of professionals and not the public domain.

If this technology is released into the wild without appropriate
licensing or governance, which often happens - or sold as a weapon in
lawless countries; open source professionals will be there to release to
the public domain:- relevant, properly licensed, fixes and patches to
mitigate the risk to ordinary users.

Damian

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 8A7E551C