Re: [Hampshire] Multiple Wifi access points acting as one.

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Multiple Wifi access points acting as one.
On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 08:12:12 +0100, james.dutton@??? said:

> Can I conclude from this thread that there is currently no open source
> equivalent?

Equivalent to what? If you want multiple APs that just work, configure
then on different channels with the same SSID. That's what we do, and it
works.

There are those who will tell you there is a "better" way, but it's only
necessary for you if the above implementation doesn't do what you want.

I take issue with your original premise: "The trouble with multiple APs
is that you either have to name each one a different name, and have the
client attach to each one as they move, or purchase an expensive solution
like Meru networks.". I don't believe that is true, and the "different
name" is absolutely incorrect (different channels: yes; different names:
no).

I feel I'm contributing more to an argument than a solution now, so I'll
shut up.
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???