[Hampshire] lost+found

Author: Leo
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] lost+found
After running hdparm to enable my hard disks in my server to power down
I copied some data to it and managed to somehow kill the disks :( I ran
fsck and now there is nothing on the disk except a lot of stuff in
lost+found. I notice there's a lot of things in there with recognisable
names. Could somebody tell me if it's worth sorting through this, or is
the data likely to be rubbish? The sort of errors fsck gave were:

Entry 'file-xyz' in directory-xyz (835590) has deleted/unused inode 30482476

'..' in directoy-xyz (10838097) is <The NULL inode> (0), should be
directory-abc (10469377).

Unattached inode 44367887 Connect to /lost+found?

Inode 44367887 ref count is 2, should be 1.

Error reading block 147844246 (Attempt to read block from filesystem
resulted in short read) while reading indirect blocks of inode 344069.

Couldn't fix parent of inode 13934619: Couldn't find parent directory entry

Also - and perhaps I'm being naive here - but the errors are really wide
ranging which I find strange given that only about 5 files were being
written or read when it fell over.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. (I've already worked out a
better backup strategy for next time: no more RAID, use rsnapshot instead!)

Thanks,
Leo

PS The disks all report themselves as OK now so I don't know what hdparm
did.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???