Re: [Hampshire] Backup solution - SDLT worth it?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Backup solution - SDLT worth it?
Pop!

My Toto .. it looks like we're back home in Kansas.

or .. I've been away from the list a long, long time.
Hopefully I'm back.

I just looked through the archives for backups and found this recent-ish
thread. Having just split off a company from a larger one, with a brand
new IT infrastructure, sadly still mostly on Windoze, I want to sort out
a good backup & recovery arrangement for everything, probably except for
the kitchen sink.

My thinking was to use something like rsync, rsnapshot, unison or
eucalyptus such that we can keep solid copies across two or more
locations, and also use one of those tools to keep long-term backups,
possibly also on multiple locations.

I wondered if anyone had knowledge, experience, opinions or whatever on
the subject.

If we need some Linux servers to do this properly, well, that's fine and
dandy and the way things should be. ;-)

ATB,
    Gordon.

--