Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3

Author: Jonathan Hudson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:56:32 +0100, john lewis wrote:

>The work-around suggested in various forums etc using gconf-editor to
>allow changes then opening up nautilus etc simply doesn't work for me.
>
>I want my DEL key working as it always has done in the past and if
>that means moving to XFCE to get away from Gnome 3 than I'll do it

Following works here (note it's dconf-editor / gsettings not
gconf-editor).

$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface can-change-accels true

In nautilus, select a file, then bring up the Edit menu, hover over
"Move to Trash" or "Delete" menu item (depending on your delete
preferences), and press Del TWICE. The shortcut should change.

Then set can-change-accels back:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface can-change-accels false

-jh (surprising myself by really liking gnome-shell)

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???