[Hampshire] The Price of Hard Drives

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] The Price of Hard Drives
Hi all

I'm building a new PC and doing so from a (presumably Novatech) barebones
bundle.   I am truly amazed at the prices of 3.5" internal hard drives.
I've had a look at Novatech, ebuyer and even PC World and for half a
terabyte it's looking like £80.   Am I missing something?   They didn't used
to be that expensive did they?   I've checked and the biggest ssd is still
only 60 odd gig and 2.5" seem no cheaper than 3.5"    I'm fairly sure I got
a 500Gb drive for under £50 this time last year.

My memory's not what it was - but there's a bit of a price hike here isn't
there? Unless using (or use of should I say) the cloud is bigger than I
thought it was.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Rob