Re: [Hampshire] Help please - Rusty on building a PC

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Help please - Rusty on building a PC
On 10/11/11 19:32, Rob Malpass wrote:
> Do graphics cards require separate power nowadays?

Most modern cards with any serious amount of grunt do, but it's
generally in the form of a molex connector, the sort that typically goes
into a DVD RW or IDE hard drive.

It's possible the card will work without it connected and fall over when
called upon to do any serious graphics processing, or it may just fail
noisily from the outset. At least I seem to recall encountering both of
these scenarios when failing to connect the power supply to the graphics
card, although it's been a while so I may be wrong.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???