Re: [Hampshire] KVM and Num lock problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] KVM and Num lock problem
On 05/11/11 13:37, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 12:53:44 +0000
> Mike Dwerryhouse<mikedw1@???> wrote:
>
> Hello Mike,
>
>> I've used a few KVMs in different jobs, and have one here at home.
>> It's always been double scroll-lock then up or down arrow to switch.
> One of the reasons I always preferred the mechanical switch units is the
> nagging doubt that keyboard signals are getting masked somewhere/how.

(Reposted as the first one has not made the list)

Further to my first post I have email and had a reply from the KVM
manufacturer and they have suggested that

"the problem may be with the USB keyboard emulation’s translation
table(OS issue). The results in the guest OS are not being able to
receive these keys at all when the USB keyboard emulation is being used.
From what I know there is a patch which could solve this issue"

I still have a (sort off) working copy of my Debian Mint with Gnome
desktop which I can compare against

I don't know where to look for this anybody got any clues??

Regards

Tim

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???