Re: [Hampshire] Help please - Rusty on building a PC

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Help please - Rusty on building a PC
Thanks to all who replied.

On the extra connectors, thankfully my graphics card doesn't need one -
there are no connections on it for power.

On the ps2 situation, as I say the mobo only has one ps2 so what I've done
is buy a "ps2 splitter" - the sort of thing we used to use for laptops i.e.
I think it will allow kbd and mouse into the same ps2 port.

It'll be a real shame when usb takes over from ps2 completely as I strongly
suspect (it's almost certain) that this will be the end of my 18 year old
"Cherry Click" keyboard. Goodness only knows how many keystrokes in all
that time - including my dissertation at 50k words!

Out of interest while on the subject, can anyone recommend a good keyboard
vendor? I really hate HP and Dell keyboards - though I must admit the Dell
ones from around 12 years ago (the beige ones which went with Optiplex
models) were quite nice.

Cheers

Rob

--