Re: [Hampshire] Help, please! Databases and computer archite…

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Help, please! Databases and computer architecture.
On Sunday 27 November 2011 18:09:58 Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> Dear Fellow LUGers,
>
> My grandson has just started a Computer Science course. He writes:
>
> "I'm having trouble finding good/reliable/relevant books on database
> development and computer architecture. My database module doesn't really
> suggest any material and I can't choose between the architecture books. Do
> you have any suggestions?"
> This is a bit outside my confidence zone, so I'd be glad to receive any
> comments or suggestions.
>
> Chris

Do you mean chip architecture and memory access, essentially creating a
platform-optimised design for a new piece of database software; or the network
topology for distributed databases?

Tim B.

--
OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
openDynamics - Open-source Vessel Motions Calculation

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???