Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.

Author: Steven Swann
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.
The user manuals can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=125&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=329892

There are actually about 5 different manuals for each switch, getting
started, advance config, etc..

I always thought that this was one of the primary features of VLANs;
separating and grouping logic, rather than physical, connections.

With that in mind, if I wish to stop two VLANs talking to each other, I
would just make sure they were on separate subnets, if I wanted to allow
them to talk I would simply setup routes etc.

Thanks for all of your help.

My running config for the switch is as follows:

Running configuration:

; J4899A Configuration Editor; Created on release #H.10.50

hostname "ProCurve Switch 2650"
ip routing
snmp-server community "public" Unrestricted
vlan 1
    name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
    no ip address
    no untagged 1-50