Re: [Hampshire] Linux Answers

Author: alan c
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Answers
On 22/12/11 19:09, Mike Austin wrote:
> Should anyone be interested, you can apply to join at
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux-answers

Hi Mike and well done for the new group.
I guess you intend the group to be for the linux based operating
systems rather than the kernel only. Unfortunately the word 'Linux'
has been associated with being for geeks only, which is probably true
for the Linux kernel. But Linux based operating systems (such as
Ubuntu etc) are on a different planet when it comes to ease of use,
and mostly also for DIY installation too.

The group name does not help clarification, and unless I join, I
cannot see what the group intends to do - kernel - geeks - or real
people using GNU/Linux operating systems.

Anyway, good luck with it
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user