Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.

Author: Steven Swann
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.
Hello Again,

Apologies for the delay with this, work is extremely busy with the lead
up to Christmas.

As yet, I am unable to ping the router (10.1.201.1), it just seems to
hang, but at least it is not giving me the 'network is unreachable'
message. I am, however, able to ping 10.1.201.2, the INTERNET VLAN ip,
so it must be something really simple. I know the ISP router I'm using
is a simple DLINK one, so I'm not sure if this could cause problems.

This is my new running config:
ProCurve Switch 2650# show run
Running configuration:

; J4899A Configuration Editor; Created on release #H.10.50

hostname "ProCurve Switch 2650"
interface 1
    no lacp
exit
trunk 1 Trk1 Trunk
ip routing
snmp-server community "public" Unrestricted
vlan 1
    name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
    untagged 49-50
    no ip address
    no untagged 2-48,Trk1
    exit
vlan 2
    name "INTERNET"
    untagged 2-5,Trk1
    ip address 10.1.201.2 255.255.255.0
    exit
vlan 3
    name "RESIDENTS"
    untagged 6-24
    ip address 10.1.202.1 255.255.255.0
    tagged Trk1
    exit
vlan 4
    name "TEST"
    untagged 25-48
    ip address 10.1.205.1 255.255.255.0
    tagged Trk1
    exit
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.201.1
spanning-tree Trk1 priority 4

ProCurve Switch 2650# show ip route

                                 IP Route Entries

   Destination        Gateway         VLAN Type      Sub-Type
Metric     Dist.
   ------------------ --------------- ---- --------- ----------
---------- -----
   0.0.0.0/0          10.1.201.1      2    static
1          1
   10.1.201.0/24      INTERNET        2    connected
0          0
   10.1.202.0/24      RESIDENTS       3    connected
0          0
   10.1.205.0/24      TEST            4    connected
0          0
   127.0.0.0/8        reject               static
0          250
   127.0.0.1/32       lo0                  connected
0          0

Yet again, any help would be appreciated.

BR
Steven